ART RENTAL AND SALES GALLERY
Please feel free to browse the gallery below for a sampling of our inventory, or visit us for a full selection. If you have questions or would like to inquire about any of the artworks available, please contact Art Rental and Sales at email@example.com or call 604-354-5206.
ART RENTAL AND SALES FAQ
- Why rent art?
- How do I rent art?
- How often do you bring in new work?
- For how long can I rent art?
- How much does it cost to rent art?
- How can I make a purchase?
- How long is a rental period?
- Do you deliver the work, or do I take it with me?
- Does the delivery and installation cost include pick-up?
- How do I return the work I am renting?
- What if the work is damaged, lost or stolen while I am renting?
- What about insurance?
1. Why rent art?
Our rental program is a great way to explore and live with art. There are many reasons to rent:
- It’s affordable
- For your business or for your home: fine art can help you create a unique and inspired environment
- Discover something new: we have a large selection of art
- Grow your collection: we offer quality fine art
- Purchase with confidence: art in our collection is unique and you can live with a work before you commit to buying
- Keep your space fresh: change your art annually, seasonally, or whenever you are ready for something new
- Invest in community: renting or purchasing art from us helps you support your local arts community and working local artists.
2. How do I rent art?
Renting art is easy.
- Select the work you like
- Sign the rental contract
- Hang it on your wall
We will provide you with a payment schedule, and a ‘How-to Install’ information sheet. If needed, we can discuss delivery and installation. You may return or purchase a rented work at any time. Just contact us before the next billing date.
*Please allow yourself time to select work and sign the contract. Don’t rush.
*A rental period is 28 days, and you are not committed for more than one period at a time.
3. How often do you bring in new work?
Our selection is always changing. Whether we are creating new work, or having rental work returned to us, there is usually something new to see at Kleinsteuber Gallery Art Rental & Sales.
4. For how long can I rent art?
There is a minimum of one period (28 days) for renting art. You are not committed for more than one period at a time. That means, you may rent a work for however long you choose, and you can return or purchase it at any time.
5. How much does it cost to rent art?
Rent is set at approximately 2% of the sale price. Rental can range from as low as $10 up to $400/work, with an average cost of $40.00/work per period. Visit our on-line gallery to see a sample of our collection and pricing.
6. How can I make a purchase?
You can purchase a work directly from our in-house collection, or you can purchase the work that you are renting. Visit or contact us to discuss purchasing options of a work you are interested in owning.
If shipping is required, it is the responsibility of the buyer to arrange for transport or pick up of the purchased work. We are happy to offer contacts that may help facilitate the shipping of a purchased work.
7. How does the Rental Rebate work?
If you are interested in purchasing a work that you are renting, we offer a rebate of half the paid rental up to six periods. That means, after you have rented a work for 12 periods, you would be entitled to the maximum six period rebate. You may continue to the rent the work for more than 12 periods, but your rebate will never exceed its six period value.
8. How long is a rental period?
A rental period lasts 28 days. There are 13 rental periods in one year.
9. Do you deliver the work, or do I take it with me?
If the work you would like to rent can fit safely in your vehicle, we encourage you to take it with you. We will wrap it and give you a ‘How-to Install’ information sheet. If the work is too big, or you are renting many works, we can deliver and install the work for you for a fee.
*Deliveries are scheduled well in advance.
10. Does the delivery and installation cost include pick-up?
Yes. If we deliver and install your work, the pick-up is included in that charge.
*Deliveries and pick-ups are scheduled well in advance.
11. How do I return the work I am renting?
Please contact us before your next billing date to let us know when you’ll be bringing back the work, or to schedule a pick-up. If you are not sure of your next billing date, just give us a call.
12. What if the work is damaged, lost or stolen while I am renting?
It is your responsibility to cover any cost associated with damage, loss or theft of a painting under contract with you.
*This is a rare occurrence. If you are concerned about covering loss or damages, please contact your insurance company.
13. What about insurance?
If this is a concern for you, it is your responsibility to ensure coverage under your own insurance policy. If you have any doubt that a painting you are renting is covered under your insurance policy, contact your company.